Sunday, May 30

Leaving tomorrow!

So it's been a few days since I wrote and I can't say I've exactly been busy, just really lazy!  But the cat has fallen asleep in my lap and instead of moving her, I'll write an update!

Let's see I last wrote on Tuesday, which means I have let almost an entire week slide by without any sort of writing.  Tuesday was a quiet day of Harry Potter and ab workouts.  It just never stopped raining, very frustrating for an outdoor kid like myself! 

Wednesday morning came quickly, but I got the call at 5:20 that said we weren't heading out on the water so I fell back asleep for a few more hours.  Since my dad was working all day I just hung out by myself and went for a soggy run in the rain.  Averaged about 6.5 miles again and conquered the hills which now aren't all that bad, my legs are finally feeling stronger!  Wednesday evening was very quiet and we didn't do much out of the ordinary, lots of Harry Potter!

On Thursday I ran my newest and most favorite run.  It was about 9 or 9.5 miles and took me along West Valley Road in Chimacum down to the five mile marker and then I came back up and through the woods of our neighbors and made it home about an hour and a half later.  It was great!  Nice to be out running in shorts and a sports bra and so few people on the road, and it's so green around here.  In the afternoon my dad and I headed to the neighbors lake to go fishing!  We didn't get started right off because my neighbor was chopping down trees and falling them into the lake.  But after awhile we took out the little boat and paddled around searching for hungry fish.  Unfortunately we were very unlucky and got one bite and saw one fish before we decided it was time to head home at which point on one of my final casts I caught mr. fishy!  The fish was about a foot long and big enough to keep, but I was more excited about going to town and getting pizza, so we let it go and then went home.  But it was very exciting to catch a fish!

We went to town and got pizza at our favorite spot Waterfront Pizza and then went to Elevated Ice Cream for dessert because that's tradition! 

Friday was a slow day in the morning, I made lamb pockets for a appetizer potluck for the evening then went running and then came home and got some stuff together and then we headed to Port Townsend for my fundraiser.  The ladies of Tuf as Nails rowing organized a very nice fundraiser for me.  About thirty people came and went throughout the evening and we raised $1800 for my trip south!  I'm so thankful to have such a great community and people who want to help and support me!  I can't express my gratitude enough!  So, thank you everyone a thousand times over!

Saturday we went to seattle to the Northwest Folklife Festival.  It's a great cultural music festival with super great food!  I met up with my old friend Cassie, who I never get to see anymore, and we caught up on our lives and went shopping at REI.  Then I headed back to the center and watched some more music and ate a little and then we went home around 10:30.  It was a very late night for me and I'm still recovering!  :)

Today is packing day, put one thing in and take two out.  I always have to give myself a goal and this year it's to take a significantly large amount less than I have in the past.  Which means one checked back and absolutely one carry on.  It's proving somewhat hard by I'm managing!  I'm headed to Chula Vista tomorrow morning early and so here's to a good start of the rest of my summer!  As my mother recently told me, "none of the pull hard, go fast stuff, it's time to fucking move!" or something very close to that!


Here's a photo for the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment