Tuesday, May 25

Since Saturday

Well Sunday was a quiet day. Had a wonderful breakfast and a short 5-6 mile run. Those hills though are killing me. I'll find a way to make them easier over time. The rest of the afternoon was spent lazily watching the clouds roll by and I started re-reading Harry Potter.
Monday morning was an early, early morning, with a wake up call at 5:30. I jumped into rowing clothes and headed to Port Townsend. I met up with the ladies of Tuf as Nails, one of the women's masters rowing groups here in town. Unfortunately the water was rough and the wind was building so we elected to grab a cup of coffee at the Undertown and talk about a fundraiser. These wonderful ladies will be putting on a nice fundraiser for me at the end of the week, which I'm so grateful for. They're so generous. After our chat, we headed back to our cars and ran into the other group of rowers who had decided to go out no matter the conditions. I found my way into stroke seat of a quad and we battled 2-3 foot waves for about an hour. It was crazy, and not entirely the most enjoyable row of my life, but I think we learned that south winds might pick up on Port Townsend bay! However, it was a nice day to be outside. I spent the rest of the day running errands and reading Harry Potter.
For dinner my mom and I made homemade orecchiette (little ears in Italian) pasta. They were spectacular. We put on some olive oil, lemon peel, sauteed garlic, ham, tomatoes and olives and so it was a warm pasta salad of sorts. I also added some wonderful olive oil that was given to me by a friend. It is infused with chili, cardamom, and other spices to give it a special taste, and you could definitely taste it in the pasta. Here's a link to the company that makes it: oilvinegar.com.
And today I got up and read Harry Potter for a little while, 500 pages in! And did 2 x35 min on the old erg. Which should have produced far more than 15000m but it didn't. I would love to know how much energy I was exerting to produce so few meters, but I know I haven't gotten that slow. :) Anyways, I'm debating on another bout of exercise before the day ends, but Harry Potter is also calling so it may be a walk later and a little at home weight lifting to do the trick!


Picture of the day: And so with that the song of the day needs to be: "With a little help from my friends" by the Beatles


Also I recommend the Ingrid Michaelson channel on Pandora which gives you a mixture of Regina Spektor, Coldplay, Lily Allen, Norah Jones, and many many more great artists to help you get through a long hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment