Saturday, May 22

Bike rides, organizing, and mentally preparing.

So let's see, I believe I left off on Wednesday night after eating Cous-Cous chicken curry. To continue our story, I headed home on Thursday morning after getting rid of a few loose ends and cleaning up the last bits of the house. Packed my car full, front seat reserved for my fish, Gomez and Ringo, and began the 4 hour trek home. I had to stop at the outlet mall to find a new watch. Who knew they don't actually sell them there, ugh... Anyways, I jumped back in the car and drove non stop to reach my house at 1:50 pm, having left at 9:35 and taking that short detour through Woodburn, left me with yes a 4 hour drive. Almost record time, almost... :) In any case I was glad to be home with my cat, Autumn (pictured below), and of course my padres. After unloading the ungodly amount of boxes from my car, to join the already full bedroom, I enjoyed a short run/walk with my mom. My legs were still burning from lifting on Wednesday.Friday was a morning of burning a large burn pile and raking up little twigs around the outside, and watching the fire burn. So terribly thrilling... Then I went on a nearly 8 mile run, which is a bit harder around here as there are lots and lots of hills. Well lots and lots compared to Salem which has like maybe 1 on my run through Minto Brown Park. So, getting in 8 miles took me nearly two hours... OUCH! But it was great mental toughness training, because I was in pretty instense pain for the entire run, but had to keep going and make it home. Totally worth it. Plus my legs still hurt from lifting. oops! The rest of the day was left to relaxing.
We finished the day by watching Paper Moon. It is a movie from the 70's, but set in the 30's and done all in black and white. It is one of the best con-men movies I have ever seen, especially since the star actress is little Tatum O'Neal. She did an awesome job, it was a great, great movie! Totally check it out on Netflix if you like those kind of movies. It's based off of the book "Addie Pray".Today was a quiet morning. I managed to organize my room and gave myself the ultimatum of having to get rid of a large box of clothes. But it's a good thing to finally get rid of the prom dress I never will wear again, man that was kind of hideous. The my mom and I got a ride to Sequim, WA where we got on our bikes and rode 22 miles to downtown Port Angeles to meet my Dad, load up the bikes and head home. It was a great ride (shown in black, above), and I'm so thankful that I now can ride for hours and not really mind the hard work and feel like I could keep riding for a few more hours. After a snack of course. Plus it made me love my neon pink 90's trek bike even more! Tonight consisted of a BBQ chicken dinner and me starting to reread Harry Potter #7. But now it's time to go to bed. We'll see where my adventures lead me tomorrow, but I know for a fact that they will be starting with a nice traditional waffle breakfast. More on that tomorrow! Below are pictures from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment