Wednesday, May 19

Keeping in Shape

Three days since graduation, I'm finally sitting down to write a quick note while my coconut chicken curry with cous-cous is boiling away on the stove. Not sure if that is a well rounded meal, but I'm eating what little food I have left before head north tomorrow. The last three days have been days of lazy packing and errand running. And then working out as well.
Monday was a good day off, packed my parents car and said goodbye to them around 11:30 and then did some errand running and packed up my room.
Tuesday, I accidentally ran 10 miles. As a few people asked on facebook, how did you "accidentally" run 10 miles. Well in the midst of graduation and working out, I have misplaced my watch and I'm afraid it'll be gone forever. I think I'll have to stop and pick up a new on tomorrow on my way home. In any case, I just kept running on this great path that runs by the river and fields of Minto Brown. Then about two hours later or a bit less, I found my way back home and had to map my run online using Map My Run. And found out that I had run just about 10 miles. My legs were pretty jello-y after, but it felt really great to be outside. After several hours of packing, cleaning and more cleaning. I headed back to the gym to lift. I played it heavy on the arms and felt great about the workout. Then came home to another couple hours of lazy cleaning. Katie and I have termed our cleaning lazy cleaning because we are allowed to take breaks, a lot of breaks. :)Then today I got up and went for a short run and did good ab workout. Packed up a little and cleaned the kitchen and hallway. And then did recycling with Katie. We made enough money off bottles to get coffee! It was a great trip, except for the rain. Then I headed to the gym after some wonderful TV watching and stumbling. And then made curry.
This post has taken like an hour to write because I had to cook and eat and watch America's Funniest Home Videos. :) By the way the curry was super delicious, if you want the recipe, unfortunately I don't know it because I just threw things in the pan! Tonight I will pack the car and head off tomorrow as soon as I can!
Here's a thought for the day: Worst Drinks ever!

And a picture for the day: Chula Vista training center: 10 days away.

Have fun! ~Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment