Thursday, July 29

wow a week and a half later!

So I never realized that I didn't post after the 8+ race.  We got second in an extremely close finish.  After racing I headed to North Carolina for a day then to Washington D.C. for a full day and then finally back to Philly.  It was great to do some sight seeing and I'd love to go back to D.C. and spend a week just playing in the museums!

When we started up practices again we got our lineups for Canadian Henley and what we'd be racing, but then a few of our teammates decided that being home just wasn't right and so they came back and we mixed things all up again.  However in about 5 days I will be beginning my racing in the U23 4+, U23 4x, U23 2x and the Senior 4x.  I'm very excited to race and hope that my boats will go super fast!  It's amazing to think that my summer is just now winding down and I'll be home in just over 2 weeks.  It's been a long time and I'm happy that it's nearly over and I get to start fresh again, however I have had the most amazing experiences this summer and I couldn't ask for anything different or better because I have learned so much.  Rowing is truly my sport and I love being part of the extremely competitive nature of it.  I have seen a lot of people turned away from it over the last few months, but I know this is the direction I want to go and will keep working towards what I want.  In the end, if it really doesn't work, I'll have a billion stories to tell of great races and interesting people!

I'll keep y'all posted a little better with Henley stuff!  And check out the pictures below!

1 comment:

  1. Keep following your dreams! That's all you can do :)

    ReplyDelete